Zack's Performance Bikes is open 5 days a week from 10am to 5pm. We repair any type of bikes, from vintage to new models, including electric bikes. We cover the full spectrum of minor tune up to full bicycle overhaul. We also do Bike assembly or disassembly.
For an Affordable and Professional Bicycle Repair or Tune Up at our Peninsula shop, bring your bike or e-bike in today!
On top of the traditional Bicycle Repair, we do Bike Assembly or Disassembly, we do boxing with National and International Shipping. All year round! There is no appointment needed.
If you are unsure about the condition of your bicycle, we offer a free Bike Check-Up. Bring your bicycle over and we’ll look at it together and will give you an assessment of its condition within minutes, as well as a free estimate of repairs if needed.
We can also do some emergency bicycle repairs at our shop if the work load allows it. You are also covered by our 30-day warranty, parts and labor, on any work we do. Our trained bicycle mechanics are ready to help you.
Introduction To Bicycle Maintenance!
- The more miles you ride, the more your bike’s wheels are affected by irregularities in the surface of the road. If your wheels are wobbling – it’s time for an adjustment.
- Slightly untrue wheels are straightened during a regular tune up. This is done by adjusting the tension of the spokes. Additionally, the cables activating the brakes and the gears, tend to stretch. Braking and gear shifting will feel different as more miles are added on the bike.
A tune up fixes those issues.
- Cables are tightened (or replaced if they are frayed), and derailleurs re-adjusted as needed. If the bicycle is used frequently, brake pads might need replacement.
- Additionally, our shop rebuilds any bike with added components or assembles a new bike. As long as your bicycle frame is good, everything else can be repaired or replaced!
- We offer a 30-day warranty for parts and labor. All Bicycle Repairs require your approval.
Typical Bicycle Repairs:
- Broken spoke (or two) replacement – (causing wheel wobble)
- Worn chain or set of gears – (pedaling slipping and skipping when enough pressure is put on the pedals)
- Straightening up a bent rear derailleur – (makes the gears skip)
- Replacing/fixing a broken shifter or brake lever, etc.
Our Bicycle Tune up:
- Tune ups normally take 24 to 48 hours, but can be done the same day if our workload allows.
- Our professional tune up puts your bicycle safely back on the road. We thoroughly check your rims, gears, chain, brakes, steering, tire condition and pressure levels.
- All our work comes with a 30-day warranty for parts and labor.
Bicycle Repair Services & Labor Rates ($25 Cleaning fee added if needed)
- PRO TUNE UP : $139. Comprehensive Bicycle tune-up which includes Brakes & Gears Adjustment, Wheels Truing, Bottom Bracket Tightening, Headset Tightening, Tire Inspection with Pressure Check, Drivetrain (chain & gears) Inspection and Test Riding the bike. Any part replacement is at additional charge for the part itself and the extra labor.
- Brakes Adjustment : $25 Front or Rear. $45 for both. Add cost of pads and/or cable ($3) if needed. Hydro +$30 - Brake install separate estimate.
- Gears Adjustment : $25 Front or Rear. $45 for both. Add cost of new cable ($3) if needed.
- Tire or Tube Change: $10. Labor only. Note: tubeless and tubular tires are an extra fee
- Tubeless to Clincher conversion: $20 Labor. Tube not included.
- Seatpost shortening : $10
- Wheel Truing : $50 per wheel. Spoke replacement extra.
- Spoke replacement : $50 for the first spoke. $3 each for additional spokes. Includes truing of the wheel.
- Headset installation : $30. Labor only.
- Bottom Bracket Overhaul/Replacement: $50-$75. Labor only.
- Front or Rear Hub Overhaul/Replacement: $50 Front. $50 Rear. Labor only.
- Chain Sizing & Installation: $25. Labor only.
- Derailleur Installation Front or Rear : $30. Labor only. Add Derailleur and Cable ($3).
- Pedals/Grips/U-lock Mount/Handlebar bags/Lights installation: $10. Free with in house purchase.
- Rear rack installation: $25. Labor only. Free with in house purchase.
- Fenders Installation : $35. Labor only. $10 with in house purchase
- Storage fee : All bikes are held Seven (7) days for free after repair is completed. $5.00 fee/day applied after 7 days.
Bicycle Assembly & Disassembly with boxing
- Bike Assembly & Tune Up : $99.00, E- bike$149.00
- Bike Disassembly : $79 for bare bike. $99 for Bikes with accessories and gears. Box & Packing materials: $10.00 when available.